That’s the reason why one of the main planned actions when initiating piloting phase was to connect with both local individuals and organizations in Vietnam that were willing to take initial responsibility for core roles in supporting and operating the pilot in their cities;
In order to achieve that, a plan for first National Kick Off tour about Digital Startup Ecosystem for introductions and first user group trainings was planned from 22nd September to 1st October with visits and sessions in Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh City & Hanoi.
This national kick off was conducted through three type of actions:
- Open Informative sessions, aimed to publicly inform all interested parties what the platform is about, what the platform can be used for from different roles of the ecosystem, showcase key available features, how & why to join the initiative
- Training sessions, aimed to specific ecosystem roles that are responsible of coordinating each local startup ecosystem. Priority roles to cover for each city were ecosystem managers (focused on strategical and top level things, identifying missing parts, gaps and being in sync with other cities/ecosystems) and ecosystem coordinators (focused on coordinating with different type of startups supporting services and activities, collecting information/feedback from each of them).
- One-to-one meetings with key stakeholders to update and to explore with them specific ways of accelerating the digital ecosystem platform development
What goals were accomplished?
Besides identifying key contact points for each city, we also targeted to:
- Increase awareness level of the pilot project in those cities amongst different startup supporting functions, user roles and key stakeholders
- Showcase the platform to make the pilot more tangible
- Provide further details and build committed ecosystem team per city
- Initiate Steering Group formation
- Get specific support from those that already committed to support the pilot during feasibility study
- Build relationships with organisations that will help to make the pilot global from the beginning by connecting Vietnam with other countries
- Initiate onboarding process to move IPP programs into Digital Startup Ecosystem
The whole process was in general quite enriching as we got, not only direct feedback from participants in regards of presentation material and pilot, helping us to refine and iterate it after each session and/or meeting, but also the first volunteers for each city, which will let initiate pilot operative activities and iteration cycle to improve/refine during the pilot.
For Vietnam ecosystem coordination teams, we have set up Ecosystem Coordinators Community for documentation, communications & knowledge sharing as well as different tools for coordinating activities.
A first collaborative task among these ecosystem coordinators along with IPP team has been already initiated and we are now targeting to launch the Live National Ecosystem portal view at TechFest event, starting the process of moving various "mapping exercises" towards shared & real-time digital ecosystem.
This is just the beginning and Vietnam Digital Ecosystem is not just the software. At the end of the day, it’s all about people at different levels and Vietnam Digital Ecosystem needs more local hands and doers to get results faster. Join us and be active part of this shared national challenge aimed to create better growth economic conditions.